Start Weight: 225lbs (10/2009) Goal Weight: 150lbs

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2nd Support Group

I just got back from my 2nd Support Group meeting (have to attend two as a requirement) and it was really good.

It was alot about Heart health (so clever since it's almost valentines day) but the part that I always like is at the very end someone comes up to the podium and tells their story.

I wonder how my journey will play out and if 1.) I'll have an interesting enough story to tell and 2.) If I'd be brave enough to get up there in front of everyone..

The other thing I've been thinking about ..and it might be really silly ..almost as silly as my undies post..I'm excited for events that happen all the time ..but with a slightly different body..

Let's say I have my surgery on May 1st..

- 2/3 months out: will I loose some weight this summer and feel like I can wear a tank top here and there.. or maybe even shorts?!

-5 months out: we always go to this big party on columbus day weekend ..where my mom and step dad camp and I wonder what I'll feel like by then.. will I want to get all dressed up and show off my results to people that haven't seen me in a while..

-7.5 months out: my annual family christmas party .. seeing people that I only see once a year..maybe some that haven't seen me since before surgery or just right after surgery..

-at some point next year my sister in law is going to get married..and this is the first wedding in a long time .. that i'll actually be excited to pick out a dress to wear..

..so many things to day dream about ..to pass the time in this waiting area..

3 comments:

  1. Kristin -

    It's so funny to hear you wondering about how much you'll weigh when you go to certain events. I've been doing the same thing. I probably won't get my band until August, but I think "How will I look for my boss's Christmas party?" We have a small staff and I'm the biggest person. Maybe I'll be able to wear something festive versus thinning. And then by Summer 2011, I'm hoping to have lost at least 70 lbs. I'll be looking real good by then. Anyway, you're not alone with the daydreaming.

    http://wishingandhopingandprayingforaband.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also done the same thing... you're starting out on an amazing journey and the best part is that you are bound to succeed. That is what is so great about the WLS you've chosen.

    I had a long run up to surgery too... it was hard to wait but now the wait is over and I'm on the way. It is great. Good luck to you!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I'm glad to know i'm not the only one passing the time by day dreaming about the skinny lady on the inside! :0)

    ReplyDelete