Sunday, February 28, 2010
crisis avoided.. phewwwwwwwww..
part of me still wants to call around to other dr's/weight watchers to get that missing weight in 2007 ..but I guess I'll just let it go..
it's been a lazy weekend.. all three of us are fighting a cold and we haven't really left the house.. which would be nice and relaxing if we weren't sick! :)
hope everyone out there in band-land had a nice weekend.. i'm going to go catch up on some blog reading..
Saturday, February 27, 2010
my insurance company needs a five year weight history ..and i'm missing a year! i guess i didn't go to by obgyn in 2007 ..so ..i'm scared.. did i do all of this for nothing! just because there's one year missing. i guess i'll be making a phone call to my insurance company on monday to be sure..
march 11, 2005 195lbs
june 12, 2006 200lbs
did not see patient in 2007
february 26, 2008 212lbs
may 15, 2009 215lbs
there is a small chance i was at WW in 2007 ..but would that even count? ...boo. ..bummer. darn.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
before i mixed it up..
made sure all the fruit was distributed evenly scooped some up on my spoon..and looked at it..
took a lick off the spoon ..(wishing it was brownie batter instead of yogurt)
decided that i liked the creaminess of it..but the strawberry/banana was a bit tart..so i put a dash of splenda in it ..i think i'd pick a different flavor the next time..
and then i had a few more bites..and saved the rest (didn't want to get full before dinner)
i'm pretty surprised that i liked it. i wasn't in love with it..but liked it enough to give it another chance with a different flavor. and maybe grab some granola to mix in the next time too. not sure if granola is band friendly? anyone know the answer to that question??
and i can't fairly compare it to other yogurts because i couldn't tell you the last time i had a regular ol'yogurt..
so those ladies out there.. just grab one and try one out.. i think it's worth it..
my other thought is this: i think it's easy to dismiss it and move on to another food.. because i'm not banded yet. i'm wondering if it will be different when i'm banded and looking to eat something 'easy' and full of good-for-you protein..?? it could be an easy option for lunch or a snack..?? i'll report back on that verdict after my surgery..
thanks to all my new followers.. i'm loving the love out here in band land! :0)
What I need to try is the photo below:
I know I should just try it .. I will.. I swear.. okay well I .. 67% swear that I'll try it ..
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
a top ten list ..you guessed it.. on a Tuesday.. and since I'd really like to go into the kitchen and make myself a snack .. this is going to be a food related list.
1. I never EVER ate mayo before meeting my husband.. hated it.. now I don't mind it at all and I swear that's added some lbs over the years. He also got me into ice cream..before I was a sherbet girl.. boo to him! :0) in the most loving way..
2. I really wish I could love yogurt! I mean .. really..I love everything in the world that has to do with dairy.. and yet I just can't get into yogurt. I bought a 'Greek' yogurt to see if that would be different tasting .. my nutritionist swears it doesn't taste like American yogurt. Yeah.. okay lady..
3. I love Mexican ..for the tiny fact that it's always cheesy and sour cream filled and spicy..mm good!
4. Dinner was always a family event and I hope that's something I can keep as a tradition in my own little family..
5. My sister Ali ..she doesn't like Chocolate.. (i think she might be adopted) and when I say doesn't like. .it's almost as strong as my hate of yogurt..
6. Quality over Quantity any day.. except try telling that to all the extra lbs on my body.. but really.. I'd rather have a small yumm-o meal vs. a big huge fast food dinner ..
7. When I was pregnant with my little guy .. I craved fruit punch and fruit cups like it was going out of style.
8. I'm learning how to cook.. slowly but ..it's getting better.. And I love to bake.. I have a kitchen aid named 'Ruby' ..she's red and b.e.autiful! :0)
9. I can't have soft baked chocolate chip cookies (you know the ones in the red bag) or Nesquik Chocolate milk powder in the house. I can't!!! Because if I do.. it's bad.. like binge eating and making up excuses of why those things aren't there anymore on a Tuesday ..when you went food shopping on a Sunday kind of bad ..
10. I wanna meet up with the ladies in NYC on 3/7 and have brunch at a Mexican restaurant and talk about the band. The band I've yet to meet.. :)
Monday, February 22, 2010
Sunday, February 21, 2010
your standing in the empty house and you've done a quick little clean up ..and feel pretty good.. and think of the other one million things you could get done in an hour alone..
nowayjose am i going to slack off on the gym ..so i got my plastic jug of 32oz of water/ipod and headed out the door to the gym..
and i walked on a high incline/slow pace .. for 2.25 miles in 45ish min.. not great ..but it left me sweating and feeling full of energy! and then i stretched and did some ab work before i joined up with my little fam at the inlaws house..
thanks to Liz over @Mine & Betty's LapBand Journey ..her post on working out and running really made me want to sweat my bootie off too..
i also posted two lists of ipod music i listen to while at the gym. i know everyone has different taste in music ..but just in case you need a new tune to rock out to.. check it..
i was feeling sad for myself today at the grocery store.. my son ..oh sweet boy that he is ..asked me if i had a baby in my belly. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! no i do not .. and i'm fine with that!
i just don't want to look like i have a baby in my belly..
i'm going to get my ipod tunes together and walk out my chubby frustrations at the gym later this afternoon..
happy sunday everyone! :)
Friday, February 19, 2010
I have a gift card to Old Navy and I was looking around there today for some 'after surgery' clothes.. Something nice and comfortable and stretchy..
And I saw these tank tops and they seem very appropriate for 'us' going through the WLS journey!! And even though I wouldn't wear them right now .. I think they would be fun to wear proudly at the gym later on down the road.
Happy Friday everyone!
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Okay .. so seven things about me .. little ol'me.. could I possibly come up with a list of seven things?! Well.. let's give this a shot..
1. I don't drink coffee and never have!! My idea of a good wake me up ..is a cold glass of chocolate milk.. or hot chocolate on a cold day..
2. I miss Dawsons Creek and I'm sad that they don't even play the re-runs on tbs anymore! :(
3. I'm a Hallmark snob. I check for the crown when I get a card.. I'm sorry!! ..but it's true..
4. I'm always listening to Pandora Radio on my computer.. I love: Counting Crows, Pearl Jam, Tori Amos, Ray LaMontagne, John Mayer, Radiohead, David Grey, Damien Rice, Ryan Adams, Tool, Deftones, The Grateful Dead, ..and I'm lovin Camera Obscura .. + the occasional gangsta rap song or country song thrown in for good luck!
5. I love reading my horoscope and believe in physics .. I'm a Capricorn and my hubby is a Leo and my son is a Taurus..
6. I love a fresh pack of crayons.. oh the possibilities..
7. (same as carmens!) I want to have Pin-up-type pics taken of me once I reach goal and start to love what I look like on the outside..
Okay ..now for my nominations.. in no real order..
3. http://dinnerland.blogspot.com/ oh her being real is great for someone that's a few steps behind and wants to know what it's going to be like after surgery! the ups and downs!!
4. http://catchytitlehere-elise.blogspot.com/ Oh yeah! We rock the same name (just spelled a pinch different) and we're both from the great state of Connecticut!! So yay us!!
5. http://redmokr.blogspot.com/ Again with the same name thing!! Kristen's of the world!! We must band <---- ha ha ha together and win this chubby war!! And she is .. she's rockin it! I'm a new reader but I love reading your blog!!
6. http://janellody.blogspot.com/ One of my first 'followers' and she's getting so close that I check her blog almost everyday to see how she's doing!! Can't wait to hear all about the 'after'!!
7. http://chroniclesfrombandland.blogspot.com/ Another one of the blogs I started out reading after Amy's and Gen's .. and she's a foodie! Loves good/quality food.. I love reading about her underground food clubs experiences and wish I could live that cool of a life in NYC!
I have almost 30ish blogs that I'm keeping up with right now and I love to 'get to know' all of us in our great bloggy community! And a big thank you to the handful of followers I have.. it's great to know I'm not alone in this!!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
I really wanted to loose the 20+ lbs and be an even 200 for surgery ..but that isn't looking like it's going to happen right now. I'm not beating myself up about it ..but I do recognize that I'm having a hard time getting out of the 'this is my last real good meal' mentality..
I weighed in at 223 today at my physical ..It's so hard to see that number and think that I've had all these months and I didn't do anything about it. I didn't gain weight ..so maybe that's a small victory? A victory that I haven't gained weight since Oct.. I guess that's not so bad when I think of it that way.
I almost want the band to use it as an excuse to why I can't eat that much anymore.. does that make sense to anyone? I feel like everyone knows that I never say no to going out to grab a bite to eat and I'm not the first one to order up a small salad either. Or feeling like I have to finish something/take enough on my plate at dinner or my husband will ask if I'm feeling okay or do I like what he made.. I just want to use the band in those ways.. even if it's just in the beginning.
I feel like I've been so calm/cool about all this up until this point .. and now I just want to wrap everything up and get a date so that I can move forward.
I'm going to order a 'Try Me' pack from Inspire and try a few flavors of their protein shakes.. I want to make sure I like my meals that I'll be enjoying for 10 days before surgery! :)
and those are my Wednesday afternoon thoughts on food!
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
last week we had a tiny little snow storm (it was supposed to be HUGE!) and I had to cancel my nutrition appointment and rescheduled it for this Wednesday. Great. Fine. No prob!
then at some point in the day .. I was standing at the sink and turned around slowly to read my calendar on my fridge and saw that I had .. double booked myself! WAAA WAAA!!!
I have my physical for surgery on Wednesday too!! So I called up my nutritionist and tried to make another appointment in feb and she said there was no way.. she was all booked up for the rest of the month.
Called my doctor to see if I could get another physical date ..and she said that the doctor was taking appointments for the middle of May! ...MAY!? AHHH!! That's wayyyy to late..
Moral of the story! There was a cancellation at the nutritionist office for Friday A.M and I'm soo very very happy!! I didn't care what time/what day.. as long as I could squeeze it in Feb! WHOOO!!
Now that i'm getting so close to the end of all this work,.. I didn't want to push it back by another month because of a little problem like that..
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
It was alot about Heart health (so clever since it's almost valentines day) but the part that I always like is at the very end someone comes up to the podium and tells their story.
I wonder how my journey will play out and if 1.) I'll have an interesting enough story to tell and 2.) If I'd be brave enough to get up there in front of everyone..
The other thing I've been thinking about ..and it might be really silly ..almost as silly as my undies post..I'm excited for events that happen all the time ..but with a slightly different body..
Let's say I have my surgery on May 1st..
- 2/3 months out: will I loose some weight this summer and feel like I can wear a tank top here and there.. or maybe even shorts?!
-5 months out: we always go to this big party on columbus day weekend ..where my mom and step dad camp and I wonder what I'll feel like by then.. will I want to get all dressed up and show off my results to people that haven't seen me in a while..
-7.5 months out: my annual family christmas party .. seeing people that I only see once a year..maybe some that haven't seen me since before surgery or just right after surgery..
-at some point next year my sister in law is going to get married..and this is the first wedding in a long time .. that i'll actually be excited to pick out a dress to wear..
..so many things to day dream about ..to pass the time in this waiting area..
Friday, February 5, 2010
I had an appointment with my surgeon yesterday and we just went over some results of appointments that I've been too (cardiologist, upper GI test, psych, ectect) and I learned that I have a "hiatal hernia" ..a small one, but it's still there. The good news is that when he goes in for the lap-band ..he'll also fix the hernia and my reflux/heartburn will disappear! Yay!!
And everything else looks great! I have my 5th nutritionist appointment next week and then my 6th one is scheduled for March 11th ..and after March 11th.. my paperwork goes to the insurance company!! Woooooohooooo!! I can see the light! He said that after March 11th ..to expect a two week wait and then when we get the thumbs up ..we can make a pre-op appointment and pick a date for the big day!! So I'm looking at an end of April or very early May for my surgery. I just want to get past the waiting on insurance and get a date.. and some of the anxiety over doing all of this might subside..
I haven't done so great as far as doing WW .. :( boo on me .. but I guess I'm still in a 'last dinner' mentality and even though I don't over do it and haven't gained any weight, ..I'm not seeing numbers drop either. But I'm not feeling that down on myself.. help is right around the corner!!
I just started seeing a therapist and I'm excited to have some extra support as I get ready for surgery and the 'after' too.. He has lots of experience with lap-band patients ..so that's encouraging. I'll post more as we dig deeper into some of my weight issues.. and all that fun mental stuff!
Okay, I'm off to catch up on all the blogs .. I've missed reading everyone this week and can't wait to see how everyone is doing!