Start Weight: 225lbs (10/2009) Goal Weight: 150lbs

Friday, January 22, 2010

Backstory and current events

A little back story from this fall (originally from the wordpress blog I started)

September 2009

"So this journey actually started Spring 2008 ..and now your sitting there scratching your head and wondering why i’m not banded yet. I was actually a few pounds shy of what I needed to be covered by my insurance. And when I say a few ..I mean less than five..

{I actually started having a thought of running out to the nearest fast food restaurant and jump back on the scale while listening to that surgeon tell me this}

.. it was very disappointing.

His rational that they (insurance companies) had to draw the line in the sand somewhere .. and I just happened to be on the other side of that line. Ugh!


Now I know I should have been thankful that I wasn’t heavier ..but to be so close .. and still be in the ‘Morbidly’ obese category ..it just didn’t make sense.

So .. I wish I could say that I had worked it out and lost the weight on my own .. but I haven’t and have actually put on more weight.


Time to make that phone call (again) .. and give my self another chance to qualify..

So this week I sat through another two hour Weight Loss Surgery information meeting and have my first appointment with a new Surgeon on October 1st.. that day can’t come fast enough!
I just want to know where I stand in this whole thing ..and if i’m on my way.. or not."

No comments:

Post a Comment